Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baby!

So we found out on New Years Day that we have a little one on our way! We feel so blessed and are so excited to welcome this baby into our little family. I am currently 15 weeks and feel like I am growing like crazy! Our baby is currently the size of an orange and about four inches long. It is crazy because it feels like for the longest time it was microscopic but it is definitely big enough for us to see with human eyes! Sometimes it goes by so slowly but on the other hand, we have a lot to do before it comes to us. I'm glad there are nine months to prepare for a huge change in our lives. Here are a few random things I have been amazed/surprised at that I have learned while I am pregnant.

  • Nobody told me a symptom was losing all motivation and becoming extremely lazy. Most days I just want to lay in bed all day. That has probably been the biggest side effect and I am so grateful there haven't been worse things.
  • The baby's development is amazing. Its heart started beating at five weeks old. I get so sick whenever I think of abortion, especially now that I know how fast a baby develops. The development process is amazing. It makes me think, "All things testify of Christ."
  • That it is awkward for me to tell people I am pregnant. Why? It is such a nice thing! I was going to announce it to my Young Women's on Sunday but somehow I couldn't. I think I'm weird but I didn't expect it to be something difficult to tell. Hopefully I'll have the courage to announce it this Sunday.
  • How I need to get used to people looking at my stomach.
  • What an amazingly fun thing it has been to talk about with Tia and to get excited about with him.
  • That even though I am hungry a lot more, I can't eat as much as I used to be able to. I also can't eat as many sweets as I used to. (That's a good thing!)
  • How onery I can be. Yesterday when I was at the High School teaching I was going crazy and was so annoyed by the obnoxious kids. I texted Tia: "Ugh I am so onery. These kids are driving me crazy." I laughed at what he texted back: "Don't let them. It's all in the head...or the womb :)" I just need to make a conscious effort to be pleasant to everyone.
Here is a picture of our pregnancy test on New Years Day. It was the most exciting/shocking thing to see a + sign! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait! I just remembered you had a blog so now I'm going through catching up. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were my main symptoms too- tired and quite ornery- just ask Chris!

    ReplyDelete