So I heard about early gender checks and I immediately wanted to do one even if it meant paying $50 just to find it out four weeks early. I mainly wanted to find out because I feel like it would make everything more real to us, especially being able to see our baby on the ultrasound. Anyways, last Wednesday, that unbelievably beautiful sunny day, we had our appointment. I remember I was in such a good mood all day cause I was so excited to find out.
So we went to our ultrasound and the technician took us back. She put some gross jelly stuff on my belly and we were able to watch our baby on the big screen in front of us. I had heard the heartbeat a few weeks earlier, but to see an actual figure there, was so amazing! Our little baby was stretching out its legs and it looked so human and real. The technician paused and said, "Just a minute." I thought, "Here it is, we are going to find out the gender of our first baby!" She went over and looked at another computer. She asked, "When was your last appointment? Did the doctor measure you?" I started to get nervous thinking something was wrong like I had gained too much weight too fast or something. She said, "Watch the screen, you need to see something...There's one baby, and there's another." My mind started racing like crazy. Could this really be happening? There were two babies inside of me?" Tia and I just kept looking at each other, then back at the screen, with huge smiles. Tears were coming down my cheeks and apparently I said, "Oh.My.Gosh." about fifteen times. Tia and I were so incredibly shocked and excited. I don't think I have ever been that surprised in my life. Then she looked at the genders and said there is about 90% they are both girls. One of my first (and recurring) thoughts is how huge I am going to get. Two babies! I wish we could have stayed for hours to watch our little babies, but we were really only in there for about fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes that changed our life!
We both had mutual right after the appointment so we decided to wait and not tell our families until after mutual. I had a really hard time being focused and pretending like I was listening to conversations at YW when my mind was racing at 100mph! Finally it was over, and we hurried to get ready to tell our families.
We first went to my house where we showed my mom the order of the ultrasound pictures the way we saw it. She gripped my wrist like crazy and after she screamed, she said, "I'm speechless. I'm never speechless." She was very excited and just as surprised as we were. Then I proceeded to call my siblings and tell them we had found out the gender..."We are having two girls." Almost everyone said, "Are you serious?" Anyways, it was such a fun thing to tell people.
After we were at my house, we went to Tia's parent's house. We made cookies for them because that's how we told them we were expecting in the first place. We uncovered the cookies all at once. Below is the video of their response. (I let it load all night and it didn't load, I will try again...)
Something that has been so fun is how nice everyone has been and how nice it is that so many people are excited for us. I think it is finally sinking in for us and it seems like it is real now. I am having a hard time thinking about anything but these little babies. I have gotten a bunch of books from the library on twins and can't seem to find out enough on the internet. That night, Tia and I looked up videos of twin babies on youtube and watched random ones for such a long time. We just kept saying, "We are having twins!" It is a little overwhelming at times, but we feel so blessed! If Heavenly Father blessed us with this, it can and will work. (Financially, physically, emotionally and mentally.) We feel so blessed and are grateful we have the next few months to prepare ourselves in all those ways. We know it will be a lot, but we are so excited to meet our little girls! They will be here sooner than we know it!
I still can't believe it- while it will be kind of crazy for you at first, it will be so fun as they grow up! I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Gosh.
ReplyDeleteStill can't believe this. I don't think I will be able to until I see both of them. CRAZY!
I love it. I just can't get over how fun this all is!! Did you see the crazy video of the twin boys "talking" to each other? Hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI wrote a couple papers in college on twins...well, mostly I wrote one paper and recycled it. Some of the unique things about twins are so crazy/fun. I can't wait to see what yours are like!
Yay! Yay! Yay! I am still soooo excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete