Thursday, May 3, 2012

Two New Cousins, Bathtime, and The Park

Yay for more cousins! We have been so lucky to be around two adorable newborns. There is something so special about going to meet a baby fresh from heaven! These two girls are so sweet. Both babies have such perfect little faces and such distinct features. 

Two weeks ago, Abish had Langi Vaelua Reid. Her father, Peter, is Tongan and Langi means "heaven" in Tongan. She has beautiful thick, curly black hair and such a sweet face. 
 
All the cousins so far...
 
 Just a few days ago, Heather had Lilia Lynn Dayton. She is so tiny and it is crazy they have three kids now. She also has pretty black hair and such big blue eyes already! 
 
 Heather was nice enough to hold Adelyn who tried to rip her IV out. Ouch! Sorry!

As mentioned before, these girls love taking baths. Avery especially splashes water like crazy. And I think naked babies are just the cutest. 
  Avery splashing
 Adelyn
Avery

We went to the park a few days ago and the girls loved it. They love being outside and I am so excited to share a fun summer with them (especially because I didn't do much outside last summer :) 
  Tia and Adelyn
Tia with Avery
 Taken by Taylor (not bad for a three year old!)
 
 Avery
 Adelyn before we went outside
Admiring their pretty shoes

And....last but not least, this is one of my favorite pictures of them. This is the face strangers see when they stop to talk to them. Adelyn and Avery just stare at them with these sober looks. They look like such little onery girls! I try to tell them that they do know how to smile...We will have to work on being polite and smiling at strangers when they get older. :)
 

5 comments:

  1. That is hilarious that they don't smile to strangers! For the cheerful, happy girls they are, that just cracks me up! I love all the pictures in this post!!! And I can't believe how many cousins they are getting within a year's time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, I try to tell people they are cheerful girls but they just stare blankly at strangers. :) Funny girls.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! How are you feeling? And when are you due? I'm so excited for you!

      Delete
  3. Ha, that last picture cracks me up. Don't you hate it when your kids try to make a liar out of you? :) That's so fun that they enjoy being outside- it will be a fun summer for you!

    ReplyDelete