Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day and Other Happenings

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. It was so nice to just relax and have a free day together! I love having a day to remember what amazing people have sacrificed their lives for our freedom and all those who have come before us that have made our lives easier. We hiked up rock canyon and then spent the rest of the day with family. Each of our families had a barbeque so it was really fun. I'm sad I didn't have my camera most of the day. Here are a few from when I had it and from Barb's phone. 

My amazing grandparents. My grandfather fought in WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam. My grandma was incredibly patriotic.



 
 This last week we visited Uncle Benjy at work where they had baby ducks, chicks and turkeys. The girls were very curious. 
Last week we also had a picnic at Nielson's Park and fed the ducks.


 Tia's efficient way of carrying the girls

 Although it looks like they hated this swing, they really did like it. :)
Does anyone know what these beautiful flowers are called? They are so pretty and smell so good!

And does anyone else get annoyed with Blogger's new post settings?

3 comments:

  1. The flowers look like Peonies to me. But I could be totally wrong.

    I love how Tia carries them - I've never seen that! They look so cute stuffed into the swing together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baby chicks are so cute!! And so are your baby girls:) We put Tommy and Christian in the swing like that when they were younger---I love it.

    ReplyDelete