Monday, April 23, 2012

8 Months Already?

Time flies. Although I am glad I am not in the hospital where I was eight months ago, I wish time could just stop, or at least slow down. We are trying to cherish every moment because they are changing and growing so so fast! However, each new stage keeps getting better and better. I especially have loved watching their personalities develop. They seem to keep switching roles, but as of eight months, (or this week,) here are a few things about each of them.

Avery

Loves:
-Squealing very high pitch and sighing
-Playing and splashing in the water
-Swinging her arms up and down
-Food
-Playing with her feet
-Squirming like crazy when I change her diaper
-Music
-Laughing to herself
-Exploring anything around her (in the picture below, she took those 8x10 pictures out of that bag nicely, kept digging in the bag, and somehow knew there was candy in that ziplock.)
-Adelyn

Doesn't Love:
-Falling back onto her head when she is sitting up (as if most babies like to. It seems to happen a lot to her though)
-Being put in bed
-The end of a bottle


Adelyn

Loves:
-Her thumb
-Taking Avery's toys so she has one for each hand
-Being put in bed
-Talking loudly. Her talking noises are usually one pitch and she closes her gums together. It's funny how distinct their talking is.
-Eating
-Putting anything and everything in her mouth
-Sitting up
-Smiling 
-Avery

Doesn't Love:
-Loud noises. The vacuum and the blender in particular. She is terrified of them.
-Cuddling, no matter how hard I try.
-Getting out of the bathtub. (Yes, she already throws tantrums and getting out of the bathtub is when they have occured.)

They both love food, being held, and being outside. We feel so blessed for the last eight months we have been able to share with them.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, they are too cute. I love that although they're so alike, they totally have their own personalities! They are such angels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Easter dresses are so sweet. They are such cute girls. Sure do miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no way your girls are already 8months?! Time really does fly. They are so precious and adorable.

    I know EXACTLY what you mean about trying to slow down the time. But you're right, each stage does seem to get better. For us it was like every 3months seemed to transform Maddix. Hang on to those moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We are trying to hold on to each moment. Maddix has gotten so big! How old is he now?

      Delete
  4. I love reading the comparison! So similar but still their own little personalities and likes/dislikes. :) I love those cute little girlies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh heavens, they are so sweet, Marie! What little angels with cute personalities. Glad to know they are normal and not perfect (don't have to worry about translation yet) with the bathtub tantrums. That made me laugh. Thank you for sharing some of them with all of us through your blog!

    ReplyDelete