Seriously though. Becky asked me if I was going to do another post before the babies and I said probably not. However, I think I am just going to start assuming they won't be born for a few more weeks because hopefully I'll be "surprised" before then.
Last Tuesday I had three appointments. An Ultrasound, Non-stress test and a Doctor's appointment. From the ultrasound calculations, one of them is 5.5 lbs and the other is 6. She even referred to them as gigantic. One of them is head down with the head so low she couldn't see the face and the other is head up and she kept saying how amazed she was at how high into my ribs her head is. So that is where my rib cramping is coming from! And that it why I have a very lopsided stomach. :) So we are very happy they are big enough, but I am starting to get nervous for my arms in a couple months. She also said even though their size is good, we can't tell how developed their lungs are. Then at my Non-stress test the lady said I was definitely having contractions, but I wasn't feeling any. These were the only appointments scheduled and were supposed to help give an indication of if it was safe for Tia to go to Hawaii this last weekend for his grandma's funeral on Saturday. They suggested I meet with a doctor that day and see what advice he would give me. Well he checked me and I was 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced and said that if Tia went it was a 50/50 chance he would miss it.
So here we are Monday evening with no babies to hold. I know I need to be enjoying every bit of time I have with Tia, every bit of sleep I have before they come, and the knowledge that every day that they have in me to continue to develop is really good. But last Tuesday got us a little too excited and we got all ready and have started planning on them coming anytime. I started cramping and feeling what I thought were minor contractions on Friday but I have felt that way ever since then. No progress. And quite frankly, even though I know labor will be much worse, I don't want to make it to my appointment on Wednesday to be checked again for dilation. It hurt!
As you can tell, we are extremely anxious to see and meet these little girls and to hold them in our arms! I am also excited to take really deep breaths, not go to the bathroom every hour or so, to walk and then run in a couple months, sleep on my stomach, and hug Tia (or anyone) without sticking my bum way out. Hopefully the number of stares in public will decrease as well at least when I go out to do something alone. Meanwhile, their carseats are all set up in the car (Tia did that last Tuesday night), their empty bassinets sit waiting, the hospital bag is ready, and all of their newborn up to three month clothes are wanting to be worn. Okay, maybe I'm wanting them to be worn.
I also have to say in the meanwhile, I am being spoiled and taken very good care of. I woke up the other night groaning in pain because I had a really bad charly horse in my calf and Tia jumped up out of sleep amazingly fast to massage it until I fell back asleep. I have also been so blessed to receive blessings very often from him whenever I want. My mom won't let me do or help with hardly anything and the other day she up and gave me a pedicure so my feet would look nice at the hospital. And Jessie and Becky are nice to move whenever they are in a chair that they know I would be more comfortable in and have been super sweet in many ways. I am lucky to be surrounded by people who treat me so well.
Soooo... sorry about all the random thoughts. Hopefully next time we will have pictures and announcements of two little angels who have joined our family!
You know, the more time passes, the less likely they will be to even fit in the newborn clothes! :) Yay for you being pampered, and yay that we get to see you soon, whether you have babies to share already or not! (And no doubt the stares you get when you go out in public WITH your babies will be much more enjoyable than they are now!)
ReplyDeleteI'm so anxious to hear any news. But meanwhile I'm glad you're getting treated well!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys. I can't believe I wrote this a whole week ago. No wonder I am so anxious!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry we've had to wait this long. (Yes WE) Just kidding, I'm glad they're developing and will hopefully be healthy babies! They better be by now...:)
ReplyDeleteTotally cried when I got to the part about Tia jumping out of bed to massage your calf! SO cute! I'm so glad he's being so good to you.
ReplyDelete