Wednesday, May 8, 2013

This Should Be Split Into About Ten Posts

The last month has been so eventful, wonderful and exciting. This is my favorite time of the year. Easter was awesome from the fun easter egg hunt with Purcell's to dinner at my Mom and Craig's house to fun Easter Dresses to an amazing two hour lesson at church given by a BYU Jerusalem Professor. It was everything I wanted it to be.

The following weekend was General Conference which always seems to come at the perfect time. Having three kids 19 months and under though so worth it, is hard at times,and that was just what I needed. They always put things into perspective. I did have cute little girls running all over during it so I definitely need to read every message so much more.

General Conference started out one of the best weeks I can remember. On Wednesday I had my birthday. Tia spoiled me like crazy and I got to spend time with family and ate at two restaurants and went out to ice cream. I also got lot's of phone calls, messages and Facebook greetings. Thanks everyone! One of the things that Tia gave me Wednesday was a massage and pedicure on Thursday. So I went to bed on my birthday with something huge to look forward to. It was a hot stone massage and felt AWESOME. Tia's a smart boy, and I'm very lucky.  The next day we had a huge surprise. Someone at Tia's work said that Nie Nie had mentioned our business first on her blog post. Read more about it HERE. Tia and I had fun getting tons of orders done that night and doing many since then. I can't believe how influential Nie Nie is! She is so awesome and inspiring! On Saturday I was at an All About Baby Expo all day and it was also very successful. There are other wonderful things that happened that week like Heather and her kids being here and it was so fun to spend time with them. It was really such a perfect week. Yay. Becky came and surprised us the next weekend and we spent a perfect few days with her.

I am still adjusting to being a mother of three under two years old. Christian is a lot harder than the girls were. He still wakes up every few hours and has a hard time going to sleep. He is uncomfortable a lot of the time, but when he isn't, he is so much more smiley than the girls were! He was smiling at four weeks and gives them so freely. When he is happy, he is so happy. The girls seem to get into even more now that I have even less time to watch them closely. A few frustrating (funny in retrospect) things the girls have done:

-I had just finished getting Christian ready and heard cute little giggling. I came downstairs to find Avery crawling on the table (she hasn't been able to get up the chairs yet, or so I thought)  and taking petals off the very nice bouquet of gerber daisies Tia got me for my birthday. She was throwing them on the floor to Adelyn. I should just be grateful she didn't fall and hurt herself.

-They LOVE to open Tia's deodorant and touch it. While I was trying to get Christian to sleep, it was too quiet. I went into our bathroom and Adelyn was scratching out the deodorant and Avery had gotten my Vaseline out and had it all over her hands and outfit.

-Even though they KNOW they are not supposed to, they love seeing what is in the garbage. Isn't that supposed to be a boy thing? They took an empty box of Special K the other day and poured the crumbs out onto the floor, sat down and ate as much as they could scrape up.

-The other day I found them stuffing the toilet with toilet paper. It was definitely clogged. 

They are quite the team. It's funny because sometimes they are such little angels and other times they are so naughty! I've just decided that it is so much easier to be naughty if someone else is doing it with you. I guess that's one of the few downfalls of having twins. :)

It's all worth it, of course. Tia and I were singing and rocking them before we put them down as we do each night. I just sat there thinking, this is one of the day to day precious moments that I just want to hold onto forever! I love holding their cute bodies and feeling their innocence and purity in my arms. Even though I am sometimes so exhausted and sometimes get really frustrated when I feel like anywhere I clean or anything I do, gets undone the next second, I just want to stop time. I love my life. I love my husband and my sweet kids. I love having crazy, but sweet toddlers that have such fun personalities. I love waking up listening to the girls sing the ABC's together. I love rocking my sweet boy who doesn't fall asleep well and is often uncomfortable and feeling his little body slowly relax.  I love seeing his eyes follow me wherever I go and when I look at him seeing his huge happy smile. Some days are easy, some days are hard, but I wouldn't trade any of it for anything.

Oh, and I'm going on a cruise to the Bahamas with Tia and my family on Friday! Thank you to the Purcell's for watching the kids for six days. We are going to miss them, but it will be a much needed break. And I am going to sleep all the way through the night for six nights!

  
 
 
Playing ring around the rosies while helping me
Avery LOVES to help. She begged for me to give her a rag while I was cleaning. Hopefully this continues... :)
 
These girls LOVE being outside and LOVE ants.
Adelyn wakes up from her nap with some crazy hair sometimes





 





3 comments:

  1. Ok your girls are hilarious! And I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this! The pictures of all your kids are so precious, Marie! I love the twins showing affection to each other, and Christian's smiles are SO adorable! I miss your kids and hope to see them (and you guys again, of course) soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You both made it through the long post! Miss you guys tons!

    ReplyDelete