Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Life Lately

A week ago today we were on a cruise to the Bahamas with everyone in my family. It was so amazing and so so much fun. Tia talked about it as being the eat, drink (water of course) and be merry cruise. It was such a nice break to sleep through the night, not have to make or clean up any meals, take as long as I wanted to during meals without hearing "pah! pah!", stay up as late as we wanted knowing we could sleep in as late as we wanted, traveling but not having to pack up your suitcase at each place, relaxing, knocking on each others doors so that you always had a fun group to go places to, and enjoying having my whole family together! Some of my favorite things were sleeping, dances, 24 hour free food, perfect beaches, kayaking with a glass bottom boat, hearing everyone say, "Yah Mon," formal night, late game nights and talking, hot tubing, kareoke, watching my awesome brother in the talent show, being all excited at the Hotel in Florida with everyone the night before we left, the list goes on and on. The whole time was our time and it is something I am not used to now that I'm a mom. It was incredibly refreshing and a wonderful way to catch up.  Everyone sacrificed a lot to be there and we were all so blessed to be safe to and from and that everyone's kids were safe while we were gone. A HUGE thanks to Purcell's for watching our kids for the week so we could have a much needed break.  (I put pictures up on Facebook of our cruise.)

Even though I already miss my sleep, my daily chocolate lava cake and having my whole family together, we have loved the time home with our kids. 

Picking up the kids from the cruise. At least he missed me. 
 They were so sober and confused. I don't think they wanted to go home :)
 I got good cuddles that night though
 My two handsome men
 I love his sleeping positions
 The girls woke up crying the other night. We let them stay up for a few minutes with us. I LOVE these pajamas.
 I can't believe how alike they look in these two pictures. Avery is above, Adelyn is below.
 We found a way to get facial expressions from the girls: Looking at themselves on the phone. Daddy and Avery.
 With Adelyn.
 Adorable aprons Aunt Heather made.
 I LOVE this boy.
 We went grocery shopping yesterday. The girls LOVED driving the car.
 Caught in the act :)
 Not Avery's most flattering shot. I could not stop laughing at her squished down ears and eyes.
 
Have an awesome Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Those last two pictures are hilarious! We miss being with you but I'm glad we're all back home with your kids. Now I need to come visit so I can spend time with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious family!!! Fun cruise! LOVE how much the girls are looking like you and baby pictures of your mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was a fun cruise! And Lisa, I'm glad you think I look like the girls :)

    ReplyDelete