Thursday, September 13, 2012

Life's a Surprise

I was thinking the other day how my life hasn't really been what I thought it would be like. I am so happy right now and am so glad Heavenly Father has led me to where I am. Here are some of my life's surprises:

-I really wanted to be in musicals and it was my dream to be in broadway. After trying out for a musical at the Scera when I was a little girl and them telling me my voice and acting were great, but that my dancing could be improved, my mom signed me up for a ballroom class. I don't think I tried out for a musical after that. Ballroom was my new goal.

-I was not going to marry Tia. It's funny to look back at when we were in high school together. I remember I thought about asking him to Morp my sophomore year because I thought he was really nice, but didn't. In college we were dance partners and really good friends, but everyone knows to stay away from dating your dance partner and I wasn't going to marry a dancer. I'm sure glad I broke that rule :)

-Growing up, I told myself the only thing I really didn't want to do as a job was to teach high school. The only time I wasn't in school and had a full time job was teaching high school. :) While it was only for a year, I am so glad I had that experience and will always remember the students and the fun times we had.

-When I was younger I remember wanting twins. However, as I got older and became realistic, that little thought faded away. I have never been more surprised than I was when we saw those two little figures on the ultrasound screen. While overwhelmed and anxious, I am so glad I got that wonderful blessing and wouldn't trade our girls for anything in the world.

-A few months ago, our lives consisted of Adelyn and Avery and they were going to be the center of our lives for a couple years. They will still be the center of our lives, but they will need to share it with another sibling in February. Yep, another surprise. We are very excited to meet our little baby (yes, there is just one in there) in about five months!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! You are going to have your hands full! As if you don't already huh ;) but how exciting! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! Loved this blog post! It's amazing how we can have all these "plans" but usually the greatest blessings are those surprises that aren't in the plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun post :) Congratulations Tia and Marie! wohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute way to announce your pregnancy! I am so grateful for all your surprises. :) Congratulations!!! ~ Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally forgot you wanted to be in musicals and how you got into ballroom. Life sure does have interesting surprises. I love yours though! We're so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That's so exciting! It's amazing how life takes you places you never thought you'd go, cuz it turns out so much better than you could plan yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! Your little family is about to get more adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy about this. Can't wait to see you soon?

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) :) :) I'm so happy about another adorable little Purcell baby!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete