Monday, June 6, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Yes I know that is a Christmas song but I think the most wonderful time of the year is now! I love Christmas, but this late spring/early summer is such a beautiful time. And I love it in Provo. Here are a few of my favorite things about this time of year.

- Waking up to birds chirping
- How green the mountains are
- The smell of lilacs (best smell in the world!)
- The hot sun shining down but it's still cool enough to be outside
- Seeing the blossoms turn into big green leaves
- Tulips
- The clear blue sky
- Seeing tons of people outside just enjoying the weather
- Being able to wear flip flops
- Leaving the windows open in the house for some fresh air
- Rivers running high
- Seeing baby animals outside
- Going on walks with my husband at night
- Driving in the car with the windows rolled down
- Mt. Timpanogas still snow capped




Seriously, it is so easy to be happy when these are the things that I'm surrounded by. I am so grateful for the beauties of the earth!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, those tulips were incredible! Was that at Thanksgiving Gardens? Thank you for including that gorgeous picture! (And hopefully the weather is indeed living up to this blog post today since it wasn't the other day!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I miss the mountains. I love Utah this time of year! I know, I know, the grass is always greener on the other side... anyway, thanks for sharing pictures!

    ReplyDelete